Last Friday we were invited to our friends' Kate and Tim's 10th anniversary celebration - much to Kate's surprise it was actually a second wedding. A week before the celebration Tim asked if I could make a cake and I quickly responded yes and then asked for a few more details. What kind of cake - sheet cake, 10", what exactly are you thinking...the response was a 3-tier wedding cake. The challenge was out and I was on a mission to create my first-ever wedding cake! I had a blast making it. The bottom cake was chocolate with raspberry chocoalate ganache and the top two layers were vanilla cake with lemon raspberry buttercream. I covered the whole thing with vanilla buttercream.
The party was so much fun! It was a group of 25 good friends celebrating on a beautiful Friday night. And thanks to Claire and Hugo I had a beautiful new dress to wear - it received rave reviews! We enjoyed the wedding ceremony, dinner, and even a little dancing! For more pictures click on (or else copy and paste in to your explorer): http://picasaweb.google.com/dnd55424/HappyAnniversaryKateAndTime?authkey=Gv1sRgCLKW1fLA0oWj8gE&feat=directlink
No comments:
Post a Comment